Solar Panel in Oroville, Chico, Paradise, CA, and Surrounding Areas
A solar panel is a highly efficient and environmentally friendly piece of equipment. It can help you save money on your energy bills. They work by collecting clean renewable energy in the form of sunlight and converting it into electricity which can then provide power.
All such pieces of equipment have some advantages and common problems. Without knowing the basic details, like how they may benefit or cause issues, you should not install them in your home. Our heating service in Oroville can help you understand this better. Here is a small guide for your reference about solar panels:
Advantages of Solar Panels
- The first advantage of solar panels is that once they are installed, you can save money in the long run.
- You can avail of several government incentives for solar panels. You can contact your installer to learn more about these government incentives to save money on the final installation bill.
- If you plan to sell your property in a few years, you can expect a higher resale value for your home, thanks to solar panels. If you maintained the panels regularly, you would get a much higher value for your home.
- Solar panels do not require high maintenance, unlike HVAC appliances.
- The latest solar panels allow users to store energy during the day, so you need not worry about using electricity at night.
Common Problems with Solar Panels
After knowing all these advantages, you may contact your technician to get solar panels. However, you should know how these solar panels can create problems for you.
If you require heating repair services, contact Innovative Heating & Air heating repair in Oroville, CA.
Problems with Solar Panels Include:
- Moisture is the biggest enemy of solar panels. Ensure no moisture enters the panels to avoid internal corrosion and rusting.
- The wires in the solar panels may face issues, creating technical problems for your home. These problems are not too serious, but you should contact your technician to fix them at the earliest.
- If you notice a decrease in the efficiency of your solar panels, micro-cracks may be the reason. Micro-cracks are not visible to the naked eye, so you need to contact a technician for this issue. Micro-cracks happen due to seasonal changes and careless handling.
- Overheating is a severe problem with solar panels that can cause hot spots. Hot spots decrease the efficiency and lifespan of your solar panels, so treating them is necessary.
- Potential induced degradation is a voltage difference between the solar panels and earthing, which decreases the overall efficiency of your system.
Installing and taking care of solar panels is not as easy as it sounds, but with an experienced HVAC company there is no need to worry. Innovative Heating & Air is ready to help you with all types of HVAC services with the latest devices and unique solutions. Contact us or email us to learn more. We specialize in providing cooling and heating services in Oroville. Contact us today!